SMC Euroclamp - Our History & Heritage
Founded in 1950, SMC Euroclamp formerly The Stockport Manufacturing Company (1950) Ltd, had previously been a manufacturer of major fuselage and wing structures for aircraft during the Second World War, before the separation in 1950 the company was previously known as SMC Avro, the most memorable plane our factory worked on was the Lancaster Bomber.
As things moved forward, the introduction of new ways to utilise a fork lift truck expanded, seeing applications in all industry sectors. The company continued manufacturing at its factory in Cheadle, Cheshire for 55 years until 2005 when it moved to new premises in Bollington, Cheshire.
By this time SMC had formally become SMC Euroclamp Ltd, and had a huge variety off attachments on offer. Offering services in bespoke design, the company found its niche in an ever growing market, never having forgotten its important past. From then ’till now, the wealth of knowledge passed down has been maintained and the same family as then still owns the business now. Over the years SMC Euroclamp has grown into a fledging business offering not just new products but a huge range of rental equipment as well.